May 6, 2020
Actualización de graduación de Brewer High School: entregar la computadora portátil y recoger toga y birrete el 15 de mayo
Entre al ícono de Google en la parte inferior de la derecha de la página. Elija Spanish y la página se cambiará a español.
Brewer High School Prom Update; Laptop Drop Off, Cap & Gown Pickup May 15
WSISD officials received guidance yesterday from the Governor and the Commissioner of Education regarding future school events, including graduation. These guidelines will only allow graduates to come together for one event per class or breakout group.
Our priority has always been to celebrate our seniors’ accomplishments with an in-person graduation ceremony that ensures their safety and health as well as their families. To ensure that our seniors have the graduation they have earned and deserve, we regret to inform you that Prom 2020—scheduled for June 19—will be cancelled.
We will establish a plan to provide refunds for students who purchased prom tickets. School officials will also work with Senior Celebration 2020 and the 2020 Prom Committee to ensure that the proceeds raised by these organizations over the past four years will benefit the 2020 seniors. We will provide communication in the future.
“We realize that this is extremely disappointing news for our students and families,” said Superintendent Frank Molinar. “But, we must continue to work with our local and state officials to ensure the health and safety of our students.”
Senior Collection Day - Friday, May 15
Laptop Drop Off & Cap and Gown Pickup
9 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 1 to 5 p.m.
Laptop Drop Off
Please bring your laptop, laptop cord, and any books, uniforms, etc. you still have in your possession. Collection will be outside the cafeteria from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 pm to 5 p.m. Prior to arriving, write the first and last name of your student in bold print on a sheet of paper.
- Enter the campus and proceed to the front entrance.
- Turn right along the north side of the main building to the outdoor cafeteria seating area.
- Laptop pickup will be outside the cafeteria on the north side of the school, closest to the stadium.
- Please stay in your car and someone will retrieve the laptop.
- Once the laptop has been turned in, you will continue to drive to the east side school entrance of the school to pick up your cap and gown.
Cap and Gown Pickup
To limit contact between the people distributing and students/parents, please do the following:
- When driving through, the vehicle will pull up to the distribution point and stop. No one will be allowed to get out of the vehicle.
- Hold up a sheet with the student's name in the window.
- Driver will open trunk, hatchback or rear liftgate of vehicle.
- Herff Jones representatives will place regalia in the open trunk, hatchback or rear liftgate of the vehicle.
No orders or sales will be taken on this day; only goods that have been previously ordered will be distributed. A later date will be designated for anyone who cannot make this pickup. Go to www.herffjones.com to order.
Items must be paid in advance at www.hjtexan.com. For your balance, email Herff Jones at email@example.com. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will provide more details regarding the logistics of graduation by next week.