Dear White Settlement ISD Families,
With the recent tragedy in Florida, I want to reaffirm our commitment that the safety and security of our students and staff is our top priority.
We take every opportunity to learn from events of this nature and operate daily with a level of vigilance as we work to maintain a safe and secure environment in every school and department.
We continually review our safety measures so our facilities may be as secure as possible, and we believe that it’s imperative that we continue to communicate our expectations for safety to our staff, students and families.
The following are some of our current procedures and safety protocols in place:
- Every campus has a security vestibule that limits access to the building.
- Every campus is equipped with multiple security cameras.
- Every campus has a crisis management team, which works closely with the District safety and security team to ensure that effective safety measures are in place.
- Every campus conducts emergency drills to practice responses to a variety of scenarios including fire, lockdown, evacuations and shelter-in-place.
- White Settlement ISD has a visitor registry plan that requires all visitors to check-in and show identification at the front desk prior to having access to the building. All employees and secondary students are required to wear identification badges while on district property.
- Our district has a Police Department that monitors each campus and quickly responds to emergencies.
For additional information abut the district’s safety practices, please visit the White Settlement ISD Police Department’s webpage.
We appreciate your support in our efforts to ensure our children’s safety.
Superintendent of Schools