We'd like to remind our families of how we can help keep our Bears healthy!
Parents, you know your child best. If your child complains of being sick, please consider this seriously. Please do not send your child to school if they are sick. Any child who is determined to be ill while at school will be sent home to prevent the spread of illnesses.
Your child needs to stay at home when he/she has any of the following:
• A temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius) or higher.
• Diarrhea (with or without a fever)
• Vomiting (with or without a fever)
• Rash of unknown origin
• Earache with or without fever
• Red, runny eyes or wakes up with eyes “glued” shut
Your child may return to school when he/she is:
• Fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol or any fever reducer medications
• Free of diarrhea for 24 hours
• Free of vomiting for 24 hours
• Released after consulting a health care professional.
A signed release from the health care professional must be given to the school nurse before your child returns to school.