Para ver el sitio web en español, haga clic en el icono de Google en la parte inferior derecha y seleccione Español.
The 2021 bond package was developed to prepare for projected enrollment growth in WSISD.
Citizens 65 and over who have applied for and received the over 65 Exemption will see no increase in their taxes as a result of this bond.
- WSISD maintained a M&O Tax Rate of $1.04 for
10 years (2010-2019)
- Reduced M&O to .96 in 2020
- With VATRE (Voter Approved Tax Ratification Election), M&O tax rate will increase to .98 in 2021.
- A school district’s Maintenance and Operations (M&O) tax rate funds the day-to-day operations of the district (i.e. salaries, utilities, building maintenance and transportation). Proposition B (the Voter Approved Tax Ratification Election) would increase the M&O tax rate by 2 cents.
- The Interest and Sinking (I&S) Tax Rate funds debt payments of the district, including construction for new facilities. The $115 million bond package would increase the I&S tax rate from .48 to .50 per $100 valuation.
WSISD strives to provide all stakeholders with district financial information in an easily understandable format that promotes transparency and accountability. The district has received numerous awards for its efforts.
- Transparency Stars in Traditional Finances, Debt Obligation, and Contracts and Procurement from Texas Comptrollers Office
- 2021 Association of School Business Officials Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting.
- Texas’ Schools Financial Accountability Rating System of Texas (FIRST) Superior Rating - 18 consecutive years
Click here for more details regarding WSISD's demonstrated Financial Transparency.
- WSISD has utilized the district's fund balance and Maintenance and Operations funds for a variety of facility improvements valued at more than $10 million. Many school districts would have required the passage of a bond to fund these types of improvements (i.e. Career and Technical Education Ag Barn, technology infrastructure and laptops, and buses). Click here for improvements made over the past year.