Para ver el sitio web en español, haga clic en el icono de Google en la parte inferior derecha y seleccione Español.
Proposition B will fund the expansion and enhancement of White Settlement ISD’s Counseling and Mental Health Support programs throughout the district.
Proposition B will:
- Add a Director of Counseling to oversee and establish a comprehensive five-year Guidance and Counseling plan.
- Provide additional Counselors and Social Workers throughout the district to respond to the increasing mental health needs of WSISD students.
- Provide an aligned, district-wide mental health and emotional wellness curriculum in kindergarten through 12th grades that provides students at every grade level with the essential tools they need for academic success.
As a result:
- The number of students receiving mental health support through one-on-one counseling and small group intervention will increase.
- Students will receive an age-appropriate curriculum that equips them with healthy coping and social skills, reducing risk factors.
- Additional staff and family education will enable school personnel to connect more families to essential resources.
- WSISD ranks 32nd out of 48 districts on the United Educators Association comparison of teacher salaries. Proposition B will enable WSISD to provide competitive salaries to attract and retain high quality teachers. Because school districts in our area have higher starting salaries, WSISD has a smaller applicant pool and higher turnover rate.
- Proposition B would provide all White Settlement ISD teachers and staff to receive a pay increase.