|To promote social distancing and adhere to safety guidelines families must schedule an appointment to register on the listed dates. Individuals will be required to wear a face covering to enter the building. To help us limit numbers, we ask that only 1 parent and 1 student attend.|
West Elementary Early Childhood Academy Registration
Click here to schedule your appointment.
8901 White Settlement Road
Families who were unable to attend registration on Aug. 6 should schedule a time during New Student Registration on the following days.
• Pre-kindergarten students must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2020.
• Children must meet eligibility requirements in 1 or more of the following areas:
1. Child is eligible for free or reduced price lunch program. The income of every individual who lives in the house
is calculated. (Click here for 2020-21 income guidelines).
2. Child has Limited English Proficiency. (Language test will be given to student at registration.)
3. Child is homeless (as determined by WSISD Student Residency Questionnaire).
4. Student is the child of an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces, including one who was killed
or injured while serving on active duty (documentation required)
5. Child is or has been under conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)
(CPS/court documentation required).
6. Child’s parent is eligible for the Star of Texas Award (documentation required).
|Registration will not be finalized until the following documents are verified during final registration in August.|
If qualifying based on income, proof of income in the form of a current paycheck stub; current pay envelope; letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often paid; unemployment, workers' compensation or disability payment stub; or TANF, AFDC, or food stamp case number; must be provided at registration. (Self-employed individuals may provide their 2019 income tax return or business or farming documents such as ledger books or self-issued paycheck stub.)Parents who anticipate that their child may qualify due to limited English will need to bring their child to final registration for language testing. Parents may want to bring documentation that helps their child qualify through other means (such as income) in case their child does not qualify by language due to language test scores.