| Parents interested in enrolling their child in Pre-Kindergarten at the WSISD Early Childhood Academy for the
2020-2021 school year, please read the following and complete the Round-Up Pre-Registration Form at the
bottom of this page. Families MUST reside in WSISD.
West Elementary Early Childhood Academy Registration
Thursday, July 23
9 a.m.-6 p.m.
8901 White Settlement Road
• Pre-kindergarten students must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2020.
• Children must meet eligibility requirements in 1 or more of the following areas:
1. Child is eligible for free or reduced price lunch program. The income of every individual who lives in the house
is calculated. (Click here for 2020-21 income guidelines).
2. Child has Limited English Proficiency. (Language test will be given to student at registration.)
3. Child is homeless (as determined by WSISD Student Residency Questionnaire).
4. Student is the child of an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces, including one who was killed
or injured while serving on active duty (documentation required)
5. Child is or has been under conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)
(CPS/court documentation required).
6. Child’s parent is eligible for the Star of Texas Award (documentation required).
|Registration will not be finalized until the following documents are verified during final registration in July.|
If qualifying based on income, proof of income in the form of a current paycheck stub; current pay envelope; letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often paid; unemployment, workers' compensation or disability payment stub; or TANF, AFDC, or food stamp case number; must be provided at registration. (Self-employed individuals may provide their 2019 income tax return or business or farming documents such as ledger books or self-issued paycheck stub.)Parents who anticipate that their child may qualify due to limited English will need to bring their child to final registration for language testing. Parents may want to bring documentation that helps their child qualify through other means (such as income) in case their child does not qualify by language due to language test scores.