Welcome to the Fightin' Brewer Bear High School Band site!
Band Registration and Fee Payment (Band Fees are due by October 1, 2019)
PERCUSSION SUPPLY LINK-
At this link, you will choose which school you attend and the supply list will pop up.
Band Booster Club
- 2019-20 Booster Board positions open! We are still in the process of building next year's leadership in the Brewer Band Booster club, and we need you! Now is the time to step up and lead as we say goodbye to some awesome parents who will “graduate” with our senior band kids! Those of us left behind have to rise up to the task and carry on our important work of supporting all our kids and directors. Experienced parents are available as resources to assist with acclimating to the various job positions. Attached to the recent email from Mrs. Bradley is an excerpt from our Club Bylaws with descriptions of the positions and those that need filling. Please contact Mrs. Bradley if you have any questions at 817.996.5902.
- Donations requested:
- Printer Ink- HP 952XL in black and color
- CR2032 Batteries (flat watch type batteries) and AAA batteries for tuners
- Black Chisel Tip Sharpie (medium or bigger)
End of Year Calendar
Hey Band! The last 3 weeks of school are going to be super busy:
- Tues and Wed (May 21 and 22)- graduation practices 4pm- 4:40pm
- May 23 — Thursday – Graduation — Call time 5pm — Concert Attire (we will bus you there, all 9-11th graders are expected to play in the graduation band)
- May 28- Tannahill Instrument Drive for beginners
- May 30- State Soloists- practices with accompanist (see schedule in band hall) 8am-12pm
- May 28-31- Color Guard Camp- 8am-5pm.
- May 31 & June 1- Band Trip to Schlitterbahn for those who paid
- June 2- State Solo and Ensemble in Austin for those who qualified
- June 3-6- June Camp for Winds and Percussion (form is below for June Camp) 7am-4pm
- July 24- Leadership Reports for summer band
- July 29- Summer Band Begins for 2019 season (ATHLETIC PHYSICALS DUE! You cannot participate in any practices unless we have your physical and all the documents on file)
Congratulations to our new student leadership team for next year! Here are our new Drum Majors! Left to right in the picture: Assistant DM- Jose Melendez, Head DM- Matthew Bradley, Assistant DM- Kameren Shoemaker.
Marching Contest Results
Wildcat Marching Invitational
- Congratulations to your FBB on their First Place finish at the Wildcat Marching Invitational. Your FBB placed first in their classification, first in color guard, and First overall for the entire competition.
- Congratulations to your FBB for a 3rd Place Finish at the Sunnyvale Contest!! Our Drum Majors earned First Place in their caption.
5A UIL Marching Contest
- For the fourth consecutive year, the Fightin' Brewer Band earned the highest rating at the 5A UIL Marching Contest with 3 straight 1's.
Please do NOT drive into the loading zone to pick up and drop off. ALSO -- if you will be parking, use a parking spot, do not park in lanes for driving.