WSISD 2019-20 Academic Calendar Development
The WSISD District Planning Committee (DPC), which consists of teachers, administrators, parents, community members and other school employees, developed the Proposed 2019-20 District Academic Calendar. Parents and staff members were encouraged to provide input regarding the proposed calendar Feb. 4 to 8. The DPC reviewed the recommendations/feedback provided by staff and parents to create a final calendar. The official calendar was adopted at the Feb. 19, 2019 school board meeting.
Click here to view the 2018-19 Academic Calendar.
When developing the proposed calendar, factors the DPC considers are:
• Calendar development is driven by what is best for student instruction.
• The state requires that all students attend school for 75,600 minutes annually.
• Teachers must work 187 days per school year.
• The first semester should end prior to Christmas Break to ensure that secondary students may take final exams prior to the holidays.
• Staff Development Days will be placed strategically throughout the school year to ensure that instructional staff has appropriate time for professional development and instructional planning.
• Two inclement weather make up days must be built into the calendar.