The WSISD District Planning Committee (DPC), which consists of staff, parents and community members, annually develops the Academic Calendar. The DPC received input from staff and parents regarding two 2023-24 calendar options, and the DPC proposed a final version to the Board of Trustees on Feb. 22. The school board adopted the final calendar with no changes.
• Student instruction
• Students required to attend school for 75,600 minutes annually
• Teachers required to work 183 days per school year
In the spring of 2023, trustees approved a District of Innovation amendment that enables all team members to continue to have the same amount of contract days and pay, but work 4 less days annually.
• First semester ends prior to Winter Break to ensure that secondary students take final exams prior to holidays
• Staff Development Days strategically placed throughout year to provide staff with appropriate time for professional development and instructional planning
• 2 inclement weather make up days required