2022-23 Academic Calendar
2023-24 Proposed Academic Calendar
The WSISD District Planning Committee (DPC), which consists of staff, parents and community members, develops the Academic Calendar. Staff should review the 2 calendar options below and provide input on the 2023-24 Calendar Survey through Feb. 5. The district will then provide parents with an opportunity to provide feedback. The DPC will review the feedback and propose a final version to the Board of Trustees on Feb. 20. The board will adopt the official calendar that evening.
• Student instruction
• Students required to attend school for 75,600 minutes annually
• Teachers required to work 187 days per school year
• First semester ends prior to Winter Break to ensure that secondary students take final exams prior to holidays
• Staff Development Days strategically placed throughout year to provide staff with appropriate time for professional development and instructional planning
• 2 inclement weather make up days required
Proposed Calendars - Explanation
| Option 1
|| Option 2
| Last Day of Fall Semester - Friday, Dec. 15.
|| Last Day of Fall Semester - Tuesday, Dec. 19 .
| 3 Staff Development Days following
Winter Break, Jan. 3 - 5
| 2 Staff Development Days following
Winter Beak, Jan. 4 & 5
| Last Day for 187-Day Staff - May 30 (includes
3 Staff Development Days on May 28, 29 & 30
| Last Day for 187-Day Staff - May 29 (includes
1 Staff Development Days on May 28, 29
| Added holiday on Feb. 16
|| Added holiday on Feb. 16
Click here for 2023-24 Calendar Survey.