Hope Days are designed to remind others how important it is to do the simple things to spread kindness, hope and encouragement to others. Students, staff and the community are encouraged to wear yellow, teal and purple, the WSISD No Story Should End Too Soon T-shirt, or the HOPE Squad Shirt for suicide prevention and awareness.
Here are some simple things that can make someone’s day:
• Send a handwritten note of encouragement.
• Text some encouraging words to someone in your contacts.
• Tell someone you appreciate him/her.
• Ask someone how their day was and listen attentively.
• Compliment a job well done.
• Tell someone how they make your day.
• Call and ask someone how their day is going.
• Do something for another person.