Items to Bring to a New Hire Meeting
Congratulations on joining White Settlement ISD! We are excited that you have made the decision to join our wonderful district. Please see the information posted below on what you will need to bring with you, once a New Hire Meeting has been scheduled. Please know that additional information may be requested later.
- All Official Transcripts: Teachers and other professionals must have a degree conferred. Photocopies are not accepted. If you cannot bring transcripts to the new hire meeting, please contact the Human Resources department for further instructions. Paraprofessionals must provide us with a copy of their high school diploma or GED for their personnel file.
- Service Records: If credit is given for experience, please request your last Texas public school employer to send us or send you your original service record. If your last employment was in an out-of-state school, or private school, we will provide forms for you at your new hire meeting to send to those schools. Private school experience will not be reflected in the salary quote until the private school service record has been received and reviewed by Human Resources. Original service records are required. Photocopies or faxed service records are not acceptable.
- Texas Teaching Certificates: Texas teaching certificates and paraprofessional certificates will be printed by us from the Texas State Board of Education Certification website for your personnel file. Texas certifications received after September 1, 1999 must be renewed every five years. Teachers are required to obtain 150 professional development hours over a five year period to maintain a Standard Certificate. It is in the educators’ best interest to keep a log of all Professional Development hours acquired, in the event that TEA requires future documentation.
- Identification for I-9 form: Bring identification for us to view to complete your eligibility to work in the U.S. (I-9 form).
- Social Security Card: Our payroll records must match the name on your social security card. Please bring your original social security card for us to view. Copies are not accepted.
- W-4 Deductions: W-4 form requires that you indicate the number of deductions you wish to take.
- Direct Deposit Information: Please bring your bank account information for payroll. Our district participates in direct deposit (paper checks are no longer issued). If you do not have/want to use a bank account, we will provide you information at your meeting to enroll in our “cashpay” card program. It is mandatory to either choose direct deposit or cash pay card for your payroll.
- Address/Name Changes: Please let us know at your new hire meeting if your address or name has changed.
- Criminal History Background: Please download and bring with you, if you have not already filled out.
- Your Best Smile: A picture will be made for your WSISD identification badge.
THANK YOU AND AGAIN, WELCOME TO WSISD!