Flyer Distribution Approval Process
Effective Jan. 30, 2015
The District will send home flyers electronically and post online through the District's partner, Peachjar.
- The group distributing the literature must be identified by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit [501(c)(3), 501(c)(4)] organization or an accredited educational institution and a company with programs of benefit for students ages 3 through 18, or the company is distributing free or
non-conditional coupons to use as academic rewards.
- The materials must involve age and/or developmentally appropriate activities for students and must clearly state that the activity is for students or students’ benefit.
- Fundraising flyers may be approved for groups affiliated with a WSISD campus (PTA/PTO, booster clubs, student groups), provided they meet the above criteria. Fundraising activities for individuals will not be approved at the District-level.
- The flyer must not cause disruption of the operation and discipline of the school.
- Free or Non-Conditional Coupons may be distributed if coupons are appropriate for students and offer a complimentary free item (no conditions of purchase) to use as academic rewards or incentives for students. Example: Students who read 20 books during the school year will receive a coupon for a free ice cream sundae at a local restaurant.
- To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
1. Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards contained herein. Please note there is a small fee to distribute flyers through the Peachjar system, but it is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
- All flyers must contain the following statement: "This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the White Settlement ISD."
For questions, contact the Communications Department:
Desiree Coyle or Darsi Martinez
817-367-5389 or 817-367-5388