Why should I have a Canvas Parent Account?
Canvas is the district’s Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas acts as a hub for each teacher in the district where instructional tools and resources are housed; These include, but are not limited to the following: due dates, assignments, instructions, rubrics, projects, quizzes, videos, images, articles, presentations, class discussions, events, calendar, links and articles.
With a parent account, you will be able to view all materials that are published by your student’s teacher as well as your student’s online contributions and/or submissions in class.
Signing Up for My Canvas Parent Account:
- You will need to get a pairing code to link as an observer to your students Canvas account.
- Your student will need to log into their canvas account.
- In Global Navigation, click the Account link (1), then click the Setting link (2)
- Copy the six-digit alphanumeric pairing code (1). You will need this code to pair with your student. The pairing code will expire after 24 hours or its first use.
- Now navigate to the district website: www.wsisd.com
- Select the For Parents tab
- Select Canvas from the menu on the right or use the button above.
- Once you are on the Canvas login screen you will click on the link in top right reading “Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account”
- Here you will enter your information, your email address, password to create your account and enter the pairing code.
Parent Account with Multiple Students
Click HERE for instructions on adding multiple students to your Parent Canvas Accounts!