WSISD School Bus Transportation Guidelines
Students living two or more miles outside of the two mile radius
White Settlement Independent School District will only provide bus transportation to students who live two or more miles from their home campus as required by the state. Two or more miles measured shortest distance on public roads between campus and student residence.
Eligible students include:
• All students who must cross Loop 820 to get to their home campus. This includes ALL Brewer High School students.
• All special needs students.
• Tannahill Intermediate students who live past 9724 Stoney Bridge, 1000 Legacy Drive, 10600 White Settlement Road, or 332 Paint Pony Trail and all students who live east of 820.
• Blue Haze students who live past 11500 White Settlement Road. (The Silver Ridge area)
• North Elementary students who live in the outlying areas of Silver Creek Road and Verna Trail, and those who live east 820.
• Fine Arts Academy students who live past 608 Saddle or 629 Las Vegas Trail, and those who live west of 820.
• Brewer Middle School students who live past 800 Saddle or 600 Las Vegas Trail, and those who live west of 820.
The following students will not be eligible for bus transportation:
• Liberty and West Elementary students – All addresses that are less than 2 miles from the school.
• Mesa High School/DAEP students.
• Students who are attending under the open enrollment policy.
If you are not sure whether your child is eligible, you can contact the Transportation Department. All parents of students who plan to ride the bus must complete a bus rider form. Click here for the Bus Rider Form
information, contact your child's campus, or the Transportation Department at (817)367-1298.
Once completed, a student may return the form to the school bus driver, or bring to the office of the campus the student attends.