Why Technology in WSISD?
To empower learners to have the skills and resources necessary to be globally competitive.
To engage all learners and build their capacity as problem-solvers.
To ensure that our students are responsible users of technology and are future ready.
All students in WSISD will have more access to technology than in previous years. Through the availability of robust devices and Canvas, the district’s learning management system, WSISD continues to provide a blended learning environment.
- Students at Tannahill Intermediate and FAA, in 5th and 6th grade, will follow a 1 to 1 model with access to an assigned Apple iPad; All devices will stay at school.
- Elementary students will have more access to iPads via the classroom cart model.
- Students at Brewer High School will follow a 1 to 1 model with access to an assigned Dell Laptop for school and home use.
- 8th Grade Students at Brewer Middle School will follow a 1 to 1 model with access to an assigned Dell Laptop for school and home use.
- 7th Grade Students at Brewer Middle School will have access to a class set cart of Dell Laptops housed in each core classroom.
- Digital Citizenship: curricula and implementation details to follow.
- Parent Canvas Accounts: See below to sign-up to be an observer in your child's online classroom in Canvas!