Why Technology in WSISD?
To empower learners to have the skills and resources necessary to be globally competitive.
To engage all learners and build their capacity as problem-solvers.
To ensure that our students are responsible users of technology and are future ready.
All students in WSISD will have more access to technology than in previous years. Through the availability of robust devices and Canvas, the district’s learning management system, WSISD continues to provide a blended learning environment.
Elementary students will have more access to iPads via the classroom cart model.
Students at Tannahill Intermediate School and Fine Arts Academy, grades 5 and 6, will follow a 1-to-1 model with access to an assigned Dell Laptop; At this time all devices will stay at school.
Students at both Brewer Middle School and Brewer High School will follow a 1 to 1 model with access to an assigned Dell Laptop for school and home use.
Important Action Items for Parents/Guardians
- Parents/Guardians will acknowledge that they've read the WSISD Technology Use Handbook through completing online registration in Skyward.
- Parents/Guardians will acknowledge that they've read the WSISD Assurance Program Agreement and will sign through completing online registration in Skyward.
- Make the annual Dell Laptop Assurance Fee Payment, $25, through eFunds.
- Digital Citizenship: curricula and implementation will happen through classroom lessons and Common Sense Media programs.
- Parent Canvas Accounts: See below to sign-up to be an observer in your child's online classroom in Canvas!